Go to Top

Which public administration should a producer approach when they want to put a new food on the market or authorise a new use for natamycin?

In Europe it is the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) while in the US it is the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which are responsible for studying the final approval of food additives.

The system used in both continents is the positive list, in other words only the additives that appear in the lists drawn up by these bodies can be used, and only certain foods and at the maximum established doses (ADI-admissible daily intake).