- 1 Is clindamycin a powerful antibiotic?
- 2 Which bacteria does clindamycin cover?
- 3 How quickly does Clindamycin work?
- 4 Is clindamycin a penicillin?
- 5 Why can’t you lay down for 10 minutes after taking clindamycin?
- 6 What infections does clindamycin treat?
- 7 Who should not take clindamycin?
- 8 What antibiotic is comparable to clindamycin?
- 9 Does clindamycin remove acne scars?
- 10 Is clindamycin better than amoxicillin?
- 11 What are the most common side effects of clindamycin?
- 12 Does clindamycin make you feel weird?
- 13 Which is stronger clindamycin or penicillin?
- 14 Can I eat yogurt with clindamycin?
- 15 Is clindamycin used for tooth infections?
Is clindamycin a powerful antibiotic?
Official Answer. Clindamycin is a strong broad-spectrum antibiotic, typically prescribed for serious infections, such as life-threatening methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) skin infections.
Which bacteria does clindamycin cover?
Clindamycin is an antibiotic used for treating serious infections. It is effective again several types of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Propionibacterium acnes.
How quickly does Clindamycin work?
How soon will it start working? Once you start taking clindamycin, you’ll likely notice an improvement in your symptoms after a day or two. If your symptoms aren’t improving at all or seem to be getting worse after taking clindamycin for a few days, follow up with your healthcare provider.
Is clindamycin a penicillin?
Cleocin ( clindamycin hydrochloride) and penicillin are antibiotics used to treat serious infections caused by bacteria. Cleocin and penicillin belong to different antibiotic drug classes. Cleocin is a lincomycin antibiotic and penicillin is a penicillin antibiotic.
Why can’t you lay down for 10 minutes after taking clindamycin?
Official Answer. You should avoid lying down after taking the antibiotic clindamycin because it may prolong the time it takes for the medication to move through your esophagus into your stomach, potentially irritating your esophagus.
What infections does clindamycin treat?
Clindamycin is used to treat certain types of bacterial infections, including infections of the lungs, skin, blood, female reproductive organs, and internal organs. Clindamycin is in a class of medications called lincomycin antibiotics. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of bacteria.
Who should not take clindamycin?
severe liver disease. blood in the bowel movement. severe renal impairment. a type of allergy that causes red and itchy skin called atopic dermatitis.
What antibiotic is comparable to clindamycin?
( clindamycin )
- Cleocin ( clindamycin ) Prescription only.
- 5 alternatives.
- Duac ( clindamycin / benzoyl peroxide) 1 dosage forms.
- Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) Prescription only.
- Differin (adapalene) Prescription or OTC.
- Renova (tretinoin) Prescription only.
- minocycline (minocycline) Prescription only.
Does clindamycin remove acne scars?
Clindamycin phosphate and nicotinamide gel for acne scars It may occur 2 months or more after you or your child stop using clindamycin. Do not take any medicine to treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor. Does clindamycin treat acne scars.
|Bestellers||30 the amount of packaging x 150 mg|
Is clindamycin better than amoxicillin?
Cleocin ( clindamycin ) Amoxil ( amoxicillin ) is a good and cheap antibiotic that comes in different forms to treat many types of bacterial infections. Treats acne. Cleocin ( clindamycin ) is proven to be effective at treating acne when combined with another acne medicine and is available in a variety of formulations.
What are the most common side effects of clindamycin?
The most common side effects of Clindamycin include:
- stomach pain,
- mild skin rash, and.
- vaginal itching or discharge.
Does clindamycin make you feel weird?
Common side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, stomach pain; mild skin rash; or.
Which is stronger clindamycin or penicillin?
Resistance rates for anaerobic isolates were 8.9% to penicillin and 1.9% to clindamycin. It was concluded that penicillin and clindamycin produce similar good results in treating odontogenic infection when the rate of penicillin resistance among oral anaerobic bacteria is at a relatively low level.
Can I eat yogurt with clindamycin?
No interactions were found between clindamycin and yogurt. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
Is clindamycin used for tooth infections?
About clindamycin Clindamycin is an antibiotic which is given to treat serious bacterial infections. It is useful for treating joint and bone infections (such as osteomyelitis), and infections in the abdomen. It is also used to treat tooth infections where other antibiotics have not worked.