- 1 What if cephalexin does not work?
- 2 What antibiotic is similar to Keflex?
- 3 What is stronger clindamycin or cephalexin?
- 4 How long does it take for cephalexin to take effect?
- 5 Is 5 days of Keflex enough?
- 6 Can I take cephalexin 500mg 3 times a day?
- 7 Is Keflex or amoxicillin better for sinus infection?
- 8 Which is better Keflex or amoxicillin?
- 9 Is Keflex a good antibiotic for sinus infection?
- 10 Is Keflex same as clindamycin?
- 11 What is the strongest antibiotic for cellulitis?
- 12 Can I take Keflex with clindamycin?
- 13 What is the side effect of cephalexin 500mg?
- 14 What should you not eat when taking cephalexin?
- 15 Is 500mg of cephalexin strong?
What if cephalexin does not work?
If your symptoms do not improve or get worse, call your doctor. Continue to take cephalexin until you finish the prescription even if you feel better. If you stop taking cephalexin too soon or skip doses, your infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may become resistant to antibiotics.
What antibiotic is similar to Keflex?
( cephalexin )
- Keflex ( cephalexin ) Prescription only.
- 9 alternatives.
- Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) Prescription only.
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin) Prescription only.
- Levaquin (levofloxacin) Prescription only.
- Cleocin (clindamycin) Prescription only.
- doxycycline (doxycycline)
- Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate)
What is stronger clindamycin or cephalexin?
CONCLUSIONS: There is no significant difference between cephalexin and clindamycin for treatment of uncomplicated pediatric SSTIs caused predominantly by CA-MRSA. Close follow-up and fastidious wound care of appropriately drained, uncomplicated SSTIs are likely more important than initial antibiotic choice.
How long does it take for cephalexin to take effect?
6. Response and effectiveness. Peak concentrations of cephalexin are reached one hour after dosing; however, it may take up to 48 hours before infection-related symptoms start to abate.
Is 5 days of Keflex enough?
Your doctor will tell you how long your course of treatment will last – this is commonly about 5 -7 days, although it could be for longer or shorter periods of time than this. It is important that you take cefalexin exactly as your doctor tells you to.
Can I take cephalexin 500mg 3 times a day?
Dosage. The dose of cefalexin can vary but for most infections you will take 500mg, two or three times a day. The dose may be higher for severe infections and lower for children. Try to space the doses evenly throughout the day.
Is Keflex or amoxicillin better for sinus infection?
The sensitivity of these organisms allows cephalexin to also be effective in treating many common types of infections including upper respiratory infections such as sinusitis, pharyngitis, and tonsillitis. Amoxicillin is also effective against lower respiratory infections such as community-acquired pneumonia.
Which is better Keflex or amoxicillin?
Amoxil ( amoxicillin ) is a good and cheap antibiotic that comes in different forms to treat many types of bacterial infections. Treats bacterial infections. Keflex ( cephalexin ) is good for treating many bacterial infections, and is available as a generic. First choice medicine to treat many bacterial infections.
Is Keflex a good antibiotic for sinus infection?
Results showed that cephalexin was effective in treating sinusitis and that adverse reactions were rare. Bacteriology results showed that many of the pathogens usually involved in infectious maxillary sinusitis were resistant to the recommended or frequently prescribed antibiotics.
Is Keflex same as clindamycin?
Cleocin and belong to different antibiotic drug classes. Cleocin is a lincomycin antibiotic and Keflex is a cephalosporin antibiotic.
What is the strongest antibiotic for cellulitis?
The best antibiotic to treat cellulitis include dicloxacillin, cephalexin, trimethoprim with sulfamethoxazole, clindamycin, or doxycycline antibiotics. Cellulitis is a deep skin infection that spreads quickly.
Can I take Keflex with clindamycin?
Interactions between your drugs No interactions were found between cephalexin and clindamycin. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
What is the side effect of cephalexin 500mg?
SIDE EFFECTS: Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or upset stomach may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.
What should you not eat when taking cephalexin?
Acidic foods such as citrus juice, carbonated beverages, chocolate, antacids and tomato-based products such as ketchup can all interfere with drug absorption. Have your child avoid these several hours before and after taking the medication, said Seidman.
Is 500mg of cephalexin strong?
The usual dose of oral KEFLEX is 250 mg every 6 hours, but a dose of 500 mg every 12 hours may be administered. Treatment is administered for 7 to 14 days. For more severe infections larger doses of oral KEFLEX may be needed, up to 4 grams daily in two to four equally divided doses.