- 1 What does 250mg 5ml mean?
- 2 What is Keflex 250 mg used for?
- 3 How do you mix Keflex?
- 4 What is cephalexin 500mg capsules?
- 5 How much is 5 mL of liquid?
- 6 How do you calculate dosages?
- 7 Can I take cephalexin 500mg 3 times a day?
- 8 What kind of bacteria does Keflex treat?
- 9 What should you not eat when taking cephalexin?
- 10 Is 500mg of Keflex 4 times a day too much?
- 11 What is Keflex suspension used for?
- 12 Can I mix Cephalexin Suspension with milk?
- 13 Who should not take cephalexin?
- 14 How long does cephalexin 500mg TAKE TO WORK?
- 15 What is the side effect of cephalexin 500mg?
What does 250mg 5ml mean?
The label reads 250mg / 5ml. You would give ____ml(s). 200 ÷ 250 x 5 ml = 4 ml.
What is Keflex 250 mg used for?
Keflex ( cephalexin ) is a cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotic. It works by fighting bacteria in your body. Keflex is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, urinary tract infections and bone infections.
How do you mix Keflex?
Add to the bottle a total of 140 mL of water. For ease in preparation, tap bottle to loosen powder, add the water in 2 portions, shaking well after each addition. The resulting suspension will contain cephalexin monohydrate equivalent to 125 mg cephalexin in each 5 mL (teaspoonful).
What is cephalexin 500mg capsules?
Cephalexin is used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria such as pneumonia and other respiratory tract infections; and infections of the bone, skin, ears,, genital, and urinary tract. Cephalexin is in a class of medications called cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria.
How much is 5 mL of liquid?
Also, remember that 1 level teaspoon equals 5 mL and that ½ a teaspoon equals 2.5 mL.
How do you calculate dosages?
A basic formula, solving for x, guides us in the setting up of an equation: D/H x Q = x, or Desired dose (amount) = ordered Dose amount/amount on Hand x Quantity. Dimensional Analysis Method
- The clinician has 2 mg/mL vials in the automated dispensing unit.
- How many milliliters are needed to arrive at an ordered dose?
Can I take cephalexin 500mg 3 times a day?
Dosage. The dose of cefalexin can vary but for most infections you will take 500mg, two or three times a day. The dose may be higher for severe infections and lower for children. Try to space the doses evenly throughout the day.
What kind of bacteria does Keflex treat?
What Conditions does KEFLEX Treat?
- strep throat.
- strep throat and tonsillitis.
- a bacterial infection.
- infection of the middle ear by H.
- infection of the middle ear caused by Streptococcus.
- middle ear infection caused by Moraxella catarrhalis.
- infection of the middle ear caused by Staphylococcus.
What should you not eat when taking cephalexin?
Acidic foods such as citrus juice, carbonated beverages, chocolate, antacids and tomato-based products such as ketchup can all interfere with drug absorption. Have your child avoid these several hours before and after taking the medication, said Seidman.
Is 500mg of Keflex 4 times a day too much?
The usual dose of oral KEFLEX is 250 mg every 6 hours, but a dose of 500 mg every 12 hours may be administered. Treatment is administered for 7 to 14 days. For more severe infections larger doses of oral KEFLEX may be needed, up to 4 grams daily in two to four equally divided doses.
What is Keflex suspension used for?
This medication is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medication is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This medication will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu).
Can I mix Cephalexin Suspension with milk?
Capsules should be swallowed with a glass of water, milk or juice. Your child should not chew the capsule. Liquid medicine: Shake the medicine well.
Who should not take cephalexin?
inflammation of the large intestine. chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe) chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure) kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function.
How long does cephalexin 500mg TAKE TO WORK?
6. Response and effectiveness. Peak concentrations of cephalexin are reached one hour after dosing; however, it may take up to 48 hours before infection-related symptoms start to abate.
What is the side effect of cephalexin 500mg?
SIDE EFFECTS: Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or upset stomach may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.