- 1 How do you treat a bacterial infection in your stomach?
- 2 Which is the best medicine for stomach infection?
- 3 Is amoxicillin good for stomach infection?
- 4 How do I know if I have a bacterial infection in my stomach?
- 5 How long can a stomach infection last?
- 6 What kills a stomach virus?
- 7 What food makes your stomach feel better?
- 8 What food is good for stomach infection?
- 9 Who should not take amoxicillin?
- 10 What is the best antibiotic for a bacterial infection?
- 11 What infections does amoxicillin treat?
- 12 What are signs of bowel infection?
How do you treat a bacterial infection in your stomach?
In severe cases of bacterial gastroenteritis, a doctor may prescribe antibiotics. Generally, people can treat the symptoms of bacterial gastroenteritis at home by: getting plenty of rest. drinking enough fluids to stay hydrated.
Which is the best medicine for stomach infection?
Your doctor may prescribe an antiemetic such as promethazine, prochlorperazine, metoclopramide, or ondansetron to stop the nausea and vomiting. You can also try an over-the-counter antidiarrheal medication, such as loperamide hydrochloride (Imodium) or bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol).
Is amoxicillin good for stomach infection?
Amoxicillin is also used with other medications to treat stomach /intestinal ulcers caused by the bacteria H. pylori and to prevent the ulcers from returning.
How do I know if I have a bacterial infection in my stomach?
Symptoms may include:
- Fever (sometimes very high)
- Belly ( abdominal ) cramping and pain.
- Diarrhea, possibly bloody.
- Electrolyte imbalance.
How long can a stomach infection last?
Stomach flu (viral enteritis) is an infection in the intestines. It has an incubation period of 1 to 3 days, during which no symptoms occur. Once symptoms appear, they usually last for 1 to 2 days, although symptoms may linger for as long as 10 days.
What kills a stomach virus?
CDC recommends using bleach to kill it, including chlorine bleach or hydrogen peroxide. That’s why health departments often require restaurants to use bleach to clean countertops and kitchen surfaces. It’s also able to survive being dried out.
What food makes your stomach feel better?
The 12 Best Foods for an Upset Stomach
- Ginger Can Relieve Nausea and Vomiting.
- Chamomile May Reduce Vomiting and Soothe Intestinal Discomfort.
- Peppermint May Relieve Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Licorice Can Reduce Indigestion and May Help Prevent Stomach Ulcers.
- Flaxseed Relieves Constipation and Stomach Pain.
What food is good for stomach infection?
Gradually begin to eat bland, easy-to-digest foods, such as soda crackers, toast, gelatin, bananas, rice and chicken. Stop eating if your nausea returns. Avoid certain foods and substances until you feel better. These include dairy products, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and fatty or highly seasoned foods.
Who should not take amoxicillin?
Who should not take AMOXICILLIN?
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria.
- mononucleosis, the kissing disease.
- liver problems.
- blockage of normal bile flow.
- severe renal impairment.
What is the best antibiotic for a bacterial infection?
Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics such as amoxicillin, erythromycin and ciprofloxacin. There are many different types of antibiotic, with different ways of working; the choice depends on the type of infection you have. Fungi commonly cause skin infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworm.
What infections does amoxicillin treat?
About amoxicillin Amoxicillin is an antibiotic. It’s used to treat bacterial infections, such as chest infections (including pneumonia), dental abscesses and urinary tract infections (UTIs). It’s used in children, often to treat ear infections and chest infections.
What are signs of bowel infection?
Some common symptoms of bowel infection include:
- crampy abdominal pain.