- 1 Is clindamycin a strong antibiotic?
- 2 Which bacteria does clindamycin cover?
- 3 How quickly does Clindamycin work?
- 4 What is clindamycin 300 mg used for?
- 5 Why can’t you lay down for 10 minutes after taking clindamycin?
- 6 Is clindamycin better than amoxicillin?
- 7 What type of infection does clindamycin treat?
- 8 What diseases does clindamycin treat?
- 9 What antibiotic is comparable to clindamycin?
- 10 What can you not take with clindamycin?
- 11 Who should not take clindamycin?
- 12 Why does my chest hurt after taking clindamycin?
- 13 How long do antibiotics stay in your system clindamycin?
- 14 What are the side effects of Clindamycin 300mg?
- 15 Is clindamycin good for sinus infection?
Is clindamycin a strong antibiotic?
Official Answer. Clindamycin is a strong broad-spectrum antibiotic, typically prescribed for serious infections, such as life-threatening methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) skin infections.
Which bacteria does clindamycin cover?
Clindamycin is an antibiotic used for treating serious infections. It is effective again several types of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Propionibacterium acnes.
How quickly does Clindamycin work?
How soon will it start working? Once you start taking clindamycin, you’ll likely notice an improvement in your symptoms after a day or two. If your symptoms aren’t improving at all or seem to be getting worse after taking clindamycin for a few days, follow up with your healthcare provider.
What is clindamycin 300 mg used for?
Clindamycin capsules are white/white hard capsules with a marking of ‘CLIN 300 ‘ on the capsule body. Clindamycin is indicated for the treatment of: Serious infections caused by anaerobic bacteria, including intra-abdominal infections, skin and soft tissue infections.
Why can’t you lay down for 10 minutes after taking clindamycin?
Official Answer. You should avoid lying down after taking the antibiotic clindamycin because it may prolong the time it takes for the medication to move through your esophagus into your stomach, potentially irritating your esophagus.
Is clindamycin better than amoxicillin?
Cleocin ( clindamycin ) Amoxil ( amoxicillin ) is a good and cheap antibiotic that comes in different forms to treat many types of bacterial infections. Treats acne. Cleocin ( clindamycin ) is proven to be effective at treating acne when combined with another acne medicine and is available in a variety of formulations.
What type of infection does clindamycin treat?
Clindamycin is used to treat certain types of bacterial infections, including infections of the lungs, skin, blood, female reproductive organs, and internal organs. Clindamycin is in a class of medications called lincomycin antibiotics. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of bacteria.
What diseases does clindamycin treat?
What Conditions does CLINDAMYCIN HCL Treat?
- serious symptoms of malaria.
- pneumonia caused by the bacteria anthrax.
- bacterial stomach or intestine infection due to anthrax.
- treatment to prevent anthrax after exposure to disease.
- blood poisoning caused by anaerobic bacteria.
What antibiotic is comparable to clindamycin?
Alternatives to a clindamycin allergy include synercid, linezolid, metronidazole, imipenem, vancomycin, bactrim, and doxycycline.
What can you not take with clindamycin?
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine)
- Flonase (fluticasone nasal)
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
Who should not take clindamycin?
severe liver disease. blood in the bowel movement. severe renal impairment. a type of allergy that causes red and itchy skin called atopic dermatitis.
Why does my chest hurt after taking clindamycin?
Chest pain and odynophagia are the hallmarks of pill esophagitis. In all of our patients, the first presentation was odynophagia, in which the symptom mostly developed in the first day after taking clindamycin.
How long do antibiotics stay in your system clindamycin?
After oral administration of clindamycin hydrochloride, elimination half-life is increased to approximately 4.0 hours (range 3.4-5.1 h) in the elderly compared to 3.2 hours (range 2.1 – 4.2 h) in younger adults.
What are the side effects of Clindamycin 300mg?
What Are Side Effects of Clindamycin?
- stomach pain,
- joint pain,
- vaginal itching or discharge,
- skin rash or itching,
Is clindamycin good for sinus infection?
User Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Sinusitis. Clindamycin has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 26 ratings for the treatment of Sinusitis. 58% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.