- 1 How long do you use eye drops after Lasik?
- 2 How long do I use steroid drops after Lasik?
- 3 What eye drops are prescribed after Lasik surgery?
- 4 What helps your eyes heal faster after Lasik?
- 5 Will dry eye go away after Lasik?
- 6 Is it OK to use eye drops with preservatives after Lasik?
- 7 When can I start using fake tears after Lasik?
- 8 How do you wash your hair after Lasik?
- 9 Can I use eye ointment after Lasik?
- 10 Do you need eye drops after Lasik?
- 11 What are the side effects of steroid eye drops?
- 12 Can I use my phone after Lasik?
- 13 What happens if water gets in your eye after Lasik?
- 14 Can I sleep on my side after Lasik?
How long do you use eye drops after Lasik?
In most cases, patients can expect to need eye drops for several weeks to a few months. Healing varies from patient to patient, and some patients heal much faster than others. In very rare instances, the issues with dry eye can persist for a longer time.
How long do I use steroid drops after Lasik?
Starting the first day after your LASIK eye surgery:
- Continue to use your Ocuflox (ofloxacin) antibiotic drop and your Prednisolone Acetate steroid drop four times a day for one week.
- Use your preservative-free artificial tears at least every two hours and as needed in between.
What eye drops are prescribed after Lasik surgery?
Gatifloxacin/Zymaxid is a clear eye drop. These should be used every ½ hour (while awake) during your first week after surgery and then once every hour during your first month. We encourage you to use these eye drops more frequently if you feel your eyes are dry.
What helps your eyes heal faster after Lasik?
Tips For Fast Recovery After LASIK Eye Surgery
- Keep your follow-up appointments. The day following your LASIK procedure, you will have a checkup.
- Take it easy.
- Luxuriate with a bath.
- Use eye drops as recommended.
- Play no sports.
- Wear eye protection.
- Dim light is recommended.
- Make it all about you!
Will dry eye go away after Lasik?
Most patients say their dry eye improves between six and 12 months after their LASIK procedure. If you experience severe pain or your vision worsens, make sure to contact your doctor.
Is it OK to use eye drops with preservatives after Lasik?
Every eye patient is different, but most patients will receive prescription eye drops to take directly before and after their LASIK surgery. After the first day, you can use preservative -free eye drops after LASIK as much as you would like. The standard recommended usage is 4 times a day.
When can I start using fake tears after Lasik?
Use of Artificial Tears every ~2 hours or so during the day, for the first 10 – 12 weeks after LASIK; and thereafter as desired to maintain comfort; Use of lubricant gels at night, or liquid-gel drops during the day, as appropriate. Use of a small area humidifier when appropriate.
How do you wash your hair after Lasik?
In this Article
- Don’t take a shower or wash your hair until the day after.
- Avoid getting non-sterile water from shower, hair washing, etc.
- Be careful when you’re in the shower or bath.
- Don’t rub your eyes for at least a month.
- Use all eye drops, including artificial tears, that are prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use eye ointment after Lasik?
There’s no specific “cut-off date” to stop using eye drops after LASIK. As long as your eyes feel dry, you can use preservative-free lubricant eye drops. It’s important to stay in contact with your eye doctor during your recovery so you can let them know if you experience continuous, severe dryness.
Do you need eye drops after Lasik?
Eye drops are an essential part of the LASIK recovery process as they help to reduce inflammation and dry eye symptoms. It’s important for patients to follow the recommended medication directions to ensure a smooth recovery.
What are the side effects of steroid eye drops?
What are the side effects of steroid and antibiotic eye drops?
- swelling, and.
- redness of the eye.
Can I use my phone after Lasik?
Give Your Eyes some Downtime after LASIK You’ll want to rest your eyes for the first day of your recovery in order to give them a chance to heal properly. As part of this rest, we recommend that you avoid looking at screens of any kind — TV, phone, computer or tablet — for 24 hours after LASIK.
What happens if water gets in your eye after Lasik?
Answer: Three weeks following surgery there is usually not an issue with getting a little water in the eye from the shower. Many LASIK centers typically allow patients to shower normally after just 1-2 weeks.
Can I sleep on my side after Lasik?
At bedtime, wear your eye shield for at least one week if you sleep on your back or side, and two weeks if you sleep on your stomach. This will prevent you from rubbing your eyes during asleep.