- 1 Can I take antibiotics with blood pressure medication?
- 2 Can you take amoxicillin with blood pressure pills?
- 3 What tablets should not be taken with blood pressure tablets?
- 4 What medications should not be taken with antibiotics?
- 5 Which antibiotic is safe for heart patients?
- 6 Do antibiotics increase heart rate?
- 7 What drugs does amoxicillin interact with?
- 8 What should you not mix with amoxicillin?
- 9 What should you avoid while taking amoxicillin?
- 10 Can you eat bananas while on blood pressure medication?
- 11 Can I take paracetamol with high blood pressure medication?
- 12 Which tablet is best for high blood pressure?
- 13 Can I take antibiotics and vitamins at the same time?
- 14 Can I drink tea while taking antibiotics?
- 15 Can I eat eggs on antibiotics?
Can I take antibiotics with blood pressure medication?
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) – Older adults on blood pressure drugs known as calcium channel blockers could suffer dangerous drops in blood pressure if they are given certain antibiotics, according to a study out Monday.
Can you take amoxicillin with blood pressure pills?
Mixing Common Antibiotics And Blood Pressure Drugs Can Be Dangerous For Older Patients. Taking commonly prescribed antibiotics and blood pressure drugs together could cause blood pressure to fall dengerously low and cause shock in older patients so they end up in hospital, according to a new study from Canada.
What tablets should not be taken with blood pressure tablets?
Some common types of OTC medicines you may need to avoid include:
- Decongestants, such as those that contain pseudoephedrine.
- Pain medicines (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen and naproxen.
- Cold and flu medicines.
- Some antacids and other stomach medicines.
- Some herbal remedies and dietary supplements.
What medications should not be taken with antibiotics?
To be on the safe side, it’s probably best that patients avoid taking the following drugs with macrolides: Terfenadine, astemizole, and mizolastine. Tolterodine. Amisulpride. Aminoglycosides
- Radiographic contrast exposure.
- ACE inhibitors.
Which antibiotic is safe for heart patients?
Azithromycin is the most extensively studied and tested antibiotic to date for application to coronary heart disease (CHD). Azithromycin is readily taken up into atherosclerotic plaque. We and others have found it to be effective in animal models.
Do antibiotics increase heart rate?
Antibiotics. Azithromycin (Zithromax) is an antibiotic that may speed up your heart rate. Other antibiotics, such as levofloxacin, amoxicillin, and ciprofloxacin, can change your heart rate, too. It’s more likely to happen if you have heart disease.
What drugs does amoxicillin interact with?
What Other Drugs Interact with Amoxicillin?
- erythromycin base.
- erythromycin ethylsuccinate.
- erythromycin lactobionate.
What should you not mix with amoxicillin?
Common medications that may interact with amoxicillin include:
- allopurinol (may increase the incidence of rash)
- anticoagulants (blood thinners), such as warfarin (may prolong bleeding time)
- oral contraceptives (may decrease absorption leading to reduced efficacy)
What should you avoid while taking amoxicillin?
Dairy products include milk as well as butter, yogurt, and cheese. After taking an antibiotic you may need to wait for up to three hours before eating or drinking any dairy products. Grapefruit juice and dietary supplements containing minerals like calcium may also work dampen the effect of antibiotics.
Can you eat bananas while on blood pressure medication?
People taking ACE inhibitors or ARBs should limit their intake of high-potassium foods like bananas, oranges, avocados, tomatoes, white and sweet potatoes and dried fruits —, especially apricots.
Can I take paracetamol with high blood pressure medication?
People with high blood pressure are advised not to take them. One alternative is paracetamol, but it’s possible that paracetamol also increases blood pressure.
Which tablet is best for high blood pressure?
Examples of diuretics include:
- Bumetanide (Bumex)
- Chlorthalidone (Hygroton)
- Chlorothiazide (Diuril)
- Ethacrynate (Edecrin)
- Furosemide (Lasix)
- Hydrochlorothiazide HCTZ (Esidrix, Hydrodiuril, Microzide)
- Indapamide (Lozol)
- Methyclothiazide (Enduron)
Can I take antibiotics and vitamins at the same time?
Taking similar vitamin products together at the same time can result in a vitamin overdose or serious side effects. Avoid taking an antibiotic medicine within 2 hours before or after you take multivitamins with iron.
Can I drink tea while taking antibiotics?
In almost every case and for all types of antibiotics they tested, the researchers found that drinking green tea at the same time as taking the antibiotics appeared to increase the action of the antibiotics and reduce drug resistance in bacteria. In certain cases, even low concentrations of green tea were effective.
Can I eat eggs on antibiotics?
Foods High in Vitamin K — Antibiotic treatment can rarely lead to Vitamin K deficiency which may contribute to bacteria imbalances. Get more K by ingesting leafy green vegetables, cauliflower, liver, and eggs.