- 1 What kind of bacteria does Keflex treat?
- 2 What kind of infections does Keflex 500mg treat?
- 3 Is Keflex stronger than amoxicillin?
- 4 How quickly does Keflex work?
- 5 Who should not take Keflex?
- 6 Is Keflex a good antibiotic for UTI?
- 7 Is 500mg of Keflex 4 times a day too much?
- 8 What is the side effect of cephalexin 500mg?
- 9 Is Keflex safe for kidneys?
- 10 What foods should I avoid while taking cephalexin?
- 11 Is Keflex good for sinus infection?
- 12 Is Augmentin a powerful antibiotic?
- 13 How long does it take for antibiotics to work for bacterial infection?
- 14 How many hours apart should I take cephalexin 500mg?
- 15 Should you take Keflex with food?
What kind of bacteria does Keflex treat?
What Conditions does KEFLEX Treat?
- strep throat.
- strep throat and tonsillitis.
- a bacterial infection.
- infection of the middle ear by H.
- infection of the middle ear caused by Streptococcus.
- middle ear infection caused by Moraxella catarrhalis.
- infection of the middle ear caused by Staphylococcus.
What kind of infections does Keflex 500mg treat?
Keflex is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, urinary tract infections and bone infections.
Is Keflex stronger than amoxicillin?
Is cephalexin or amoxicillin stronger? When dosed appropriately, both antibiotics are effective against their covered organisms. The organism coverage of cephalexin makes it effective in some conditions that amoxicillin is not, including mastitis and bone and joint infections.
How quickly does Keflex work?
6. Response and effectiveness. Peak concentrations of cephalexin are reached one hour after dosing; however, it may take up to 48 hours before infection-related symptoms start to abate.
Who should not take Keflex?
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to cephalexin or any other cephalosporin antibiotic (cefdinir, cefadroxil, cefoxitin, cefprozil, ceftriaxone, cefuroxime, Omnicef, and others). Tell your doctor if you have ever had: an allergy to any drug (especially penicillin); liver or kidney disease; or.
Is Keflex a good antibiotic for UTI?
Keflex belongs to a class of drugs called cephalosporins, which are antibiotics. These drugs are often used to treat infections of the bladder or kidneys. Keflex is used in adults to treat several types of bacterial infections, including UTIs.
Is 500mg of Keflex 4 times a day too much?
The usual dose of oral KEFLEX is 250 mg every 6 hours, but a dose of 500 mg every 12 hours may be administered. Treatment is administered for 7 to 14 days. For more severe infections larger doses of oral KEFLEX may be needed, up to 4 grams daily in two to four equally divided doses.
What is the side effect of cephalexin 500mg?
SIDE EFFECTS: Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or upset stomach may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.
Is Keflex safe for kidneys?
For people with kidney problems: If you have kidney problems or a history of kidney disease, you may not be able to clear this drug from your body. This may increase the levels of this drug in your body and cause more side effects. Your doctor may adjust your dose if you have kidney disease.
What foods should I avoid while taking cephalexin?
Acidic foods such as citrus juice, carbonated beverages, chocolate, antacids and tomato-based products such as ketchup can all interfere with drug absorption. Have your child avoid these several hours before and after taking the medication, said Seidman.
Is Keflex good for sinus infection?
Results showed that cephalexin was effective in treating sinusitis and that adverse reactions were rare. Bacteriology results showed that many of the pathogens usually involved in infectious maxillary sinusitis were resistant to the recommended or frequently prescribed antibiotics.
Is Augmentin a powerful antibiotic?
Because it contains amoxicillin as well as clavulanic acid, Augmentin works against more types of bacteria than amoxicillin alone. In this regard, it could be considered stronger than amoxicillin.
How long does it take for antibiotics to work for bacterial infection?
” Antibiotics will typically show improvement in patients with bacterial infections within one to three days,” says Kaveh. This is because for many illnesses the body’s immune response is what causes some of the symptoms, and it can take time for the immune system to calm down after the harmful bacteria are destroyed.
How many hours apart should I take cephalexin 500mg?
In this case, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the usual time. Try to leave a gap of at least 4 hours between doses. Never take 2 doses at the same time.
Should you take Keflex with food?
Can be taken with or without food. Take exactly as directed and for the duration intended. Do not finish the course earlier than prescribed, even if you feel better because this encourages the growth of resistant bacteria. Do not take Keflex for any other infection other than the one you have been prescribed it for.