- 1 What antibiotic can be used instead of clindamycin?
- 2 Is there an over the counter substitute for clindamycin?
- 3 Is doxycycline and clindamycin in the same family?
- 4 Is amoxicillin and clindamycin the same thing?
- 5 What can be used in place of clindamycin?
- 6 What bugs does clindamycin cover?
- 7 What is the best antibiotic for dental infection?
- 8 What are the side effects of clindamycin?
- 9 What is an alternative for amoxicillin?
- 10 What is better clindamycin or doxycycline?
- 11 How strong of an antibiotic is clindamycin?
- 12 Is clindamycin a safe antibiotic?
- 13 Which is stronger penicillin or clindamycin?
- 14 Is it OK to take amoxicillin and clindamycin?
- 15 Do not lie down after taking clindamycin?
What antibiotic can be used instead of clindamycin?
( clindamycin )
- Cleocin ( clindamycin ) Prescription only.
- 5 alternatives.
- Duac ( clindamycin / benzoyl peroxide) 1 dosage forms.
- Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) Prescription only.
- Differin (adapalene) Prescription or OTC.
- Renova (tretinoin) Prescription only.
- minocycline (minocycline) Prescription only.
Is there an over the counter substitute for clindamycin?
lindamycin is a painful-spectrum clindamycin over the counter alternative, which is very against a wide association of recurrent and protozoal headphones. It is passed to treat symptoms in most people of the factor, including skin, bone, moody, and dental infections.
Is doxycycline and clindamycin in the same family?
Nov 22, · No they are not the same. Doxycycline and Clindamycin are both antibiotics used to treat bacterial infections but they belong to different classes of antibiotics. Doxycycline is a Tetracycline antibiotic and Clindamycin is a Lincosamide antibiotic.
Is amoxicillin and clindamycin the same thing?
Amoxil ( amoxicillin ) is a good and cheap antibiotic that comes in different forms to treat many types of bacterial infections. Treats acne. Cleocin ( clindamycin ) is proven to be effective at treating acne when combined with another acne medicine and is available in a variety of formulations.
What can be used in place of clindamycin?
Alternatives to a clindamycin allergy include synercid, linezolid, metronidazole, imipenem, vancomycin, bactrim, and doxycycline.
What bugs does clindamycin cover?
Like penicillin, it has activity against group A and B streptococci, microaerophilic streptococci and most Streptococcus pneumoniae. It does not, however, have activity against the enterococci. Like cloxacillin and the cephalosporins, clindamycin possesses activity against Staphylococcus aureus.
What is the best antibiotic for dental infection?
Amoxicillin is usually the first choice for tooth infection treatment. Clavulanate is a drug that makes amoxicillin even more effective when the two are combined. So, if it appears that your tooth infection is more serious, your dentist may prescribe amoxicillin with clavulanate instead of plain amoxicillin.
What are the side effects of clindamycin?
Clindamycin may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- unpleasant or metallic taste in the mouth.
- joint pain.
- pain when swallowing.
- white patches in the mouth.
- thick, white vaginal discharge.
What is an alternative for amoxicillin?
For those patients with mild sensitivity to amoxicillin, acceptable alternatives include cefdinir (Omnicef), cefpodoxime (Cefzil), or cefuroxime (Ceftin). These agents, along with amoxicillin -clavulanate ( Augmentin ), are also commonly used as second or third line therapy.
What is better clindamycin or doxycycline?
Cleocin ( clindamycin ) is proven to be effective at treating acne when combined with another acne medicine and is available in a variety of formulations. Vibramycin ( doxycycline ) is a good alternative for some types of bacterial infections for people who are allergic to penicillin.
How strong of an antibiotic is clindamycin?
The dosages of clindamycin capsules for adults are: for serious infections, 150–300 mg every 6 hours. for more severe infections, 300–450 mg every 6 hours.
Is clindamycin a safe antibiotic?
Clindamycin is safe for most people, including those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you’re breastfeeding, keep an eye out for any signs of diarrhea or diaper rash in your child. Before taking clindamycin, make sure to tell your provider about any previous allergic reactions you’ve had to medications.
Which is stronger penicillin or clindamycin?
Resistance rates for anaerobic isolates were 8.9% to penicillin and 1.9% to clindamycin. It was concluded that penicillin and clindamycin produce similar good results in treating odontogenic infection when the rate of penicillin resistance among oral anaerobic bacteria is at a relatively low level.
Is it OK to take amoxicillin and clindamycin?
No interactions were found between amoxicillin and Cleocin HCl. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
Do not lie down after taking clindamycin?
You should avoid lying down after taking the antibiotic clindamycin because it may prolong the time it takes for the medication to move through your esophagus into your stomach, potentially irritating your esophagus.